Terms and Conditions
The tourist agency ADRIATICMURTER serves as intermediary between the guest and the service provider (on behalf of the owner) and provides accommodation to the guest, as specified in the information available on the agency’s web site and for the agreed period, except in the case of exceptional circumstances or force majeure.
* Force majeure is a circumstance that cannot be controlled or predicted, and therefore remedied (earthquakes, floods, fires, acts of terrorism, wars, the death of the service srovider or his immediate family).
2. Reservation and Payment
Reservation inquiries can be made online (by contact form on the web site or e-mail), by fax, or in person at the agency’s office. In order to confirm the reservation, a down payment of 30% of the total accommodation price is due within one workday from accepting the conditions, and the payment confirmation must be sent to the agency by e-mail or fax, while the remaining amount and the city tax are paid at the agency’s office upon arrival.
3. City Tax
According to the Croatian City Tax Act, guests are required to pay the city tax when paying for their accommodation. The city tax is paid at the agency’s office in the amount of 1 euro per person per day for adults. Children aged 12 to 18 are entitled to a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempt from paying the city tax.
4. Accommodation Rates
Each accommodation unit is listed with rates in euros. The rates apply to stays of four nights or more. For stays shorter than four nights, the rate is increased by 30.00%.
The rate includes: daily accommodation, weekly change of bed linens, towels, electricity and water, kitchenware, cleaning equipment and final cleaning.
Special services are not included in the accommodation rate (for example breakfast or boat berth), and are paid separately.
In case the rate of a unit changes after the guest has made a reservation inquiry, but before the down payment, the agency shall immediately inform the guest about the change and send the guest the amended invoice. In case the rate changes after the guest has made the down payment, the agency shall guarantee that the remainder of the amount will be calculated based on the original rate of the accommodation unit at the time of booking.
The accommodation units are described according to the official classification of the competent authority, and the owners are obligated to display the accommodation rating in a visible place.
Standards of accommodation, food and services of individual countries differ and cannot be compared.
Information obtained at the accommodation unit is not binding to the agency and does not supersede the information published on this web site.
6. Reservation Changes and Cancellation – Agency Rights
The agency reserves the right to change the reservation in the case of exceptional circumstances or force majeure. Booked accommodation can be substituted only with accommodation of equal or better standard, at the original booking price, with prior notification to the guest. If alternate accommodation is available only at a rate 15% higher than the original accommodation, the agency reserves the right to charge the guest for the difference in cost, with the guest’s consent. If alternate accommodation is not possible, the agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation, after notifying the guest before arrival, and shall guarantee the refund of the down payment.
7. Reservation Changes and Cancellation – Guest Rights
If the guest wishes to cancel the booking, he is required to do so in writing (by e-mail, fax or mail).
For cancellations of more than 60 days prior to the arrival date, the agency shall refund the full amount charged, less a 25 euros administration/money transfer fee.
If the guest cancels the booking within 60 days of the arrival date, he is not entitled to a refund of the down payment.
In case of a no-show or an early check-out, the agency shall charge the full amount of the reservation.
8. Agency and Owner Obligations
The agency is obligated to:
– Ensure the services are provided and to select the service provider.
– Uphold the rights and interests of the guest in accordance with best practice in tourism.
The owner is obligated to:
– Provide to the guest every service he has paid for.
* The agency and the owner are not liable for any changes or failure to provide services caused by force majeure.
9. Guest Obligations
The guest is obligated to:
– Have valid travel documents and a visa if it is required to enter the Republic of Croatia.
– Respect the customs regulations and foreign currency regulations of the Republic of Croatia.
– Respect the house regulations in the accommodation unit and cooperate with the service provider in good faith.
– Compensate the host for any damages caused in the accommodation unit.
– Present a voucher to the agency’s representative upon arrival, containing information on the number of persons and type of services to be provided.
– The guest shall bear the responsibility and costs incurred due to noncompliance with obligations.
– Guests can check in after 13:00 and check out until 10:00. The guest shall receive the keys to the accommodation unit from the owner, accompanied by a representative of the Agency, at the accommodation premises.
The agency is not responsible for luggage destroyed, damaged, lost or stolen at the accommodation unit. Lost or stolen property should be reported to the host and the local police department.
The guest is entitled to seek adequate compensation if he paid for service not rendered by submitting a written complaint.
If the guest is not satisfied with the condition of the accommodation upon arrival, he should immediately notify the agency and the owner. The guest is obligated to cooperate with the agency’s representative and the owner in good faith in order to resolve the problem. If the complaint is justified and the provided service is not satisfactory, the agency shall undertake to find an acceptable solution equal to the service paid to the owner. The agency and the owner must not offer alternate accommodation of a lower standard to the guest.
If the guest leaves the accommodation unit of his own accord and finds alternate accommodation without giving the agency an opportunity to resolve the problem, he shall not be entitled to a refund or to an action for damages.
If the guest does not submit a complaint on site, he shall not be entitled to a refund.
12. Court Jurisdiction
Guests not satisfied with the solution to their complaint are entitled to seek arbitration proceedings. In such a case, the competent court shall be the Commercial Court in Šibenik.
By making the down payment, the guest fully accepts these General Terms and Conditions.